Hey! Just to have a little break from all the beauty related posts, today I thought I'd share a recipe for Oreo Cheesecake! This might be the most delicious thing I've ever eaten and it definitely combines two of my favourite things!
This is actually a really easy recipe - no baking or special equipment required! And there aren't even that many ingredients involved!
What you will need:
Something to put your cheesecake in (cake tin or similar, or even individual glasses which is what I used)
For the base:
1 packet oreo biscuits (about 12)
1 tbsp melted butter
For the filling:
Insides from oreos
125g mascarpone (or cream cheese such as Philadelphia)
150g double cream
1 leaf gelatine
- Firstly you'll want to separate the fillings of the oreo biscuits, this can easily be done with a knife. Try not to eat said fillings... as tempting as they look!
- Now you'll want to crush up the biscuits, either in a blender or the fun way; using a rolling pin.
- Stir the melted butter into the crushed biscuits and press mixture into base. Leave in the fridge to set while you make the filling.
- Gently heat some of the double cream, and stir in the leaf gelatine.
- Add the rest of the cream and whisk up so it thickens.
- Add the mascarpone and oreo filling and whisk until the lumps have gone!
- Pour/spoon over the biscuit base and put back into the fridge to set for a couple of hours.
Et voilà! Yummy oreo cheesecake which takes less than 20 minutes to prepare. I made individual ones for myself and my parents, but these are quite generous portions, so the quantity is probably more like for four people.
I really enjoy baking, so if you'd like to see more recipe type posts, let me know!
Is this something you'd bake?