Friday 27 December 2013

Nars Eye Paint: Ubangi

Hey! Did everyone have a good Christmas? I for one am STUFFED, for at least the next week... and feeling pretty lucky with my pressies! Anyway, today I'm going to share my thoughts on the recently(ish) launched Nars Eye Paint and also show you a look I've created with it!



After seeing this in a magazine back at the end of summer, and then waiting for the release date! This is my first Nars purchase and also my first 'cream eyeshadow' and I'm absolutely loving it. I got the colour Ubangi, which is BEAUTIFUL, a black based shimmery dark blue, with just a hint of purple in it. It's easy to apply (I use my ring finger), fast-drying and so so pigmented! It lasts really well without primer (I wouldn't recommend primer with this, as it actually tends to slide around more), and my only minor gripe with it is that because it dries so fast, it can be a bit trickier to blend.



And then the makeup look I've created is a blue smokey eye. This kind of reminds of a night sky, and I think it would be a perfect look for New Year's Eve! Because of how bold the eye makeup is, I've kept everything else very simple - just a bit of bronzer and highlighter, and a peachy nude lipstick (Sleek True Colour - Barely There).


Above I've shown all the products I used. I applied Nars Ubangi all over my lids, and then blended out the edges (doesn't matter too much how messy this bit is). To add definition to the look, I used all Urban Decay shadows: Blackout through the outer half of crease and the outer corner of my eye, Pistol through the whole crease, and then a touch of Rockstar just above my lashes.

I also used the Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil in Ransom, which is a bright purple, as an alternative to black eyeliner on my bottom lashline. And then to complete the eyes, my usual mascara combo: Benefit They're Real and Clinique Bottom Lash.


And finally, a close-up of the look!

Have you tried Nars Eye Paint? Would you wear this? 

xxx

PS. Don't forget to enter my 50 follower giveaway here!

2 comments:

  1. OMG THIS IS FREAKING GORGEOUS! haha

    I love the colour i saw the black one and its amazing as an eyliner too

    www.andrewjamesblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right, I LOVE the colour! Ooh, I've not tried it as eyeliner, I'll have to give that a go! :) x

      Delete