Sunday 22 December 2013

Christmas Tag 2013

Hey! Now that it's only a few days left till Christmas, I am getting super excited! So I figured it would be a great time to do the Christmas Tag!


So without any further ado, onto the questions!

1. Do you prefer a real Christmas tree or synthetic?
We've actually never had a real tree, so I'm going to have to go with synthetic for this one! I'm not sure I could even tell you what a real tree smells like...

2. You're in a coffee shop, what do you pick?
Does this mean I have to reveal my slight coffee addiction at the moment? I'm loving all the festive flavours: in particular Gingerbread and Cream Latte, and Black Forest Hot Chocolate from Costa, but my absolute favourite is the Toffee Nut Latte from Starbucks. (This year also happens to be the first time I've actually had a Starbucks coffee!)

3. What's your favourite colour scheme for decorating the tree?
Any really! At home we have two trees: one in the lounge which matches the colour scheme of blues and lilacs, and one in the conservatory which is more traditional colours of red and gold, and also has all the home-made decorations I did when I was younger!

4. Giving or receiving?
BOTH! I'm not going to lie, I get very excited about my own presents but I also love going out shopping and picking out gifts for everyone else! Especially the little stocking filler type presents, the extras that make Christmas a bit special compared to a regular birthday-type present!

5. To mince pie or not to?
Absolutely have to! I'm a huge fan of mince pies, warm or cold. My first mince pie this year was far too early to be socially acceptable, but I don't care because I love them. Last year I actually had a go at making mincemeat muffins, and those were delicious too! There's just something festive and yummy about raisins and sultanas and cinnamon and whatever else they put in mincemeat.

6. What's your traditional Sunday lunch?
Everything. Actually everything. I'm talking turkey, stuffing, ALL of the vegetables, roast potatoes, Yorkshire puddings, pigs in blankets, cranberry sauce, and of course not forgetting gravy. (Feeling hungry now.) The other thing that's traditional for me to be eating on Christmas day, is the breakfast I have of scrambled eggs and smoked salmon. (And champagne, because when else but Christmas can you drink champagne with breakfast?) I think this is actually traditional in France; I'm not French but I just love it.

7. Christmas day fashion?
This year I will be wearing my Christmas pudding patterned t-shirt! I couldn't find a nice jumper for a reasonable price, so I opted for this instead. I will probably wear it with leggings and fluffy, festive socks!

8. What's your favourite Christmas song?
I wish it could be Christmas every day by Wizzard, it's so happy and cheery and makes me want dance around the house! I love it compared to some other Christmas songs which actually have quite sad lyrics when you really listen.

9. What's your favourite Christmas film?
Okay I have a confession to make here: there are a shocking amount of Christmas films I haven't seen. I'll get round to it eventually, if I can ever stop watching my actual favourite which 100% has to be Elf. Maple syrup and spaghetti anyone?

10. Open presents before or after lunch?
I have absolutely no patience, so presents is the first thing which happens in the day and has been since my childhood. I actually don't have a whole lot of extended family, so I don't tend to do 'social Christmas visits' in the afternoon type of thing, so all the present business is done in the morning. As a kid it meant I had all day to play with my new toys, now it means I have time to get over the ridiculous amount of Christmas food consumed at lunch, while crashing in front of festive TV!

I tag anyone who has yet to do this and wants to!

xxx

PS. Don't forget to enter my 50 follower giveaway here!

2 comments:

  1. I’ve done this with a few more questions - http://www.notyouraverage.co.uk/2013/11/the-extended-christmas-tag.html I also love that you have a tradition of having breakfast too! Its something we need to do but I always forget about breakfast because I’m too excited for presents although this year, we’ve bought bacon and eggs already ;)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely post! I'll be doing this one :D I absolutely love the toffee nut latte!

    ReplyDelete