Sunday 2 March 2014

Wardrobe Update: Feat. Dylon Dyes Review

Hey! I've been meaning to get this post up for several weeks, but I've just had so much else to talk about, what with my birthday and trip to Paris! But finally here we are, and today I'm going to talk about how I went about updating my wardrobe without needing to buy anything new!

We all go through the phase where you open your wardrobe and think "I have nothing to wear" regardless of whether it is physically full or not. So a couple of weeks back, I had a bit of a clear-out, donated a bunch of things to charity, and some to the H&M clothes recycling scheme. Then with a few of the things I thought I'd wear again, but perhaps in a different colour, I dyed with the aid of Dylon Fabric Dye for Hand Use*.

before
after
As you can see, some obvious colour change! Some items didn't work as well, but this was more to do with the fact that I didn't read the part of the instructions that said it wouldn't work with synthetic fabrics or wool. However for the most part, it worked out great, and the whole process was pretty simple!

You can dye up to 250g of dry fabric per sachet, (I used two of each colour) and then you need warm water and 250g of standard table salt. You stir the clothes in your solution for about 15 minutes, then leave for another 45 minutes. I have to say, I got lazy and only did about 5 minutes stirring, but that didn't seem to have an impact.

What are your tips for jazzing up your wardrobe?

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment