Wednesday 19 March 2014

Multi-Purpose Products

Hey! Today's post is about some products I like to use not for their original purpose! I love a good multi-tasking product, and I'm sure you do too, so I thought I'd share some of my top picks.


First up is a pretty standard one, using a clear mascara as a brow gel. I honestly don't see the point in splashing out on a fancy brow gel when this Natural Collection Lash Care Mascara does the job for less than £2.

Sticking with brows, and something I *think* I've mentioned before, is that I like to use the colour 'Tease' from the Urban Decay Naked 2 palette as a brow filling-in colour. And proving the versatility of this palette; I also like to use the colour 'Bootycall' as a highlighter - under brows, tops of cheekbones, and just a hint down the centre of my face. To apply this, I've recently been using this tiny fan brush, which came with a nail art brush set. I previously had no use for it, but then back when I was lusting after the Kevyn Aucoin fan brush (here and here), I decided to give it a try and haven't looked back.

The other brush pictured from the set, I will talk about in juuust a minute, but first: this Urban Decay b6 Vitamin Infused Complexion Prep Spray. (Say that three times fast) I've talked about this back in my October Favourites but I've recently discovered an extra use for it! And that is spraying onto a thin nail art brush, and using that brush to apply eyeshadows as liners! I got the idea when I saw someone doing it with MAC's Fix+.

Another eyeshadow I found an alternate use for is the colour Smash Hit in my bareMinerals READY eyeshadow quad, which I apply VERY lightly as a blush. I don't really do this unless I'm travelling and saving space by not taking another blush, but it's a neat trick. I have a full review of this palette if you're interested here.

Finally, is the Neutrogena Pore and Shine Daily Wash. Since switching up my skincare, I've decided not to use this directly on my face - but instead as a deep brush cleanser! I try to deep clean my makeup brushes once a week, particularly my foundation brush, and I use this to do so!

So those are my top picks, do you have any multi-tasking favourites?

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment