Friday 28 June 2013

Review: Herbal Essences Bee Strong Mask & Argan Gold Hair Vitality Oil

Hey, please excuse the long title! Today's post is going to be a review of some hair products I've been using over the past couple of weeks, and have been working wonders for my hair!

I have quite long, thick hair but the bottom half is coloured (more on that another day) so the ends tend to dry out really easily. I've tried so many conditioners and hair masks, without any real long-term effect and I have no idea why, but I seemed to avoid the hair oil bandwagon (until now).


So the products I've been using are: Herbal Essences Bee Strong Mask - £4.19 here and Argan Gold Hair Vitality Oil - £4 here.

They both work pretty effectively by themselves, but when I use them they give me the softest hair I think I've ever had!

Although the Herbal Essences is meant to be a mask, I have actually started using it instead of my regular conditioner because it's not too heavy on my hair, although anyone with fine hair might not be able to get away with this as easily. It smells really nice, like honey, and I tend to leave it in for about 5 minutes to fully absorb into the hair before rinsing out.

I then apply two pumps of the Argan Gold to the bottom half of my hair while it's still damp, and then brush through with a Tangle Teezer (which on a side note, is incredible for getting rid of tangles without being painful!). This is the first hair oil I've tried so I have nothing to compare to, but at £4 I don't think you can go wrong when it works!

One other thing worth mentioning is that since using these two my hair has started drying curlier. I have naturally wavy hair, but the longer it is the straighter it gets, so it's nice to have a bit of curl back for summer (without need for a curling iron) and embrace the beach-y curls/waves look.

What hair products would/do you use for dry hair?

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment