Wednesday 7 May 2014

Hong Kong Haul

Hey! As you may have seen from my previous post, I've recently been to Hong Kong. I think it's safe to say I went a bit mad with the Asian beauty purchases... I've heard good things about their products being ahead of ours in terms of what they can do, especially skincare.


Most of my purchases came from Sasa, which I can only describe as Asia's version of Sephora. The first thing I was on the lookout for was the infamous Fairydrops Mascara, and I think I might be a little in love with the packaging. The brush is an interesting shape, so I'll update you with how I get on!

As you can see, I picked up a fair amount of face masks, targeted at various skin concerns. I opted not to get the infamous snail gel mask though, because I don't really fancy putting snail slime on my face, not matter how good it's supposed to be!

Other products I picked up were Missha BB Cream, which will be good for a lighter coverage this summer; Dollywink corner eyelashes; a pale pink blusher from Color Combos; Cyber Colors blotting papers; a mini perfume atomiser; and some powder puffs.


I then spotted an Etude House store (after we'd had toast flavoured liquid nitrogen ice cream, bit of background for you), and couldn't resist going in - just look at the adorable packaging! I picked up their Oil Control Pact, Avacado Seed hair pack, a beauty blender (it's about time I joined that bandwagon), another blusher, some cotton buds (I heard a rumour that Asia have a better quality of these than we do), and another powder puff - it's so fluffy! I also got some freebies with my purchase, some tissues, and samples of BB cream, a hair mask, lip gloss, and eye cream.


I also had a bit of a splurge in the duty free at Heathrow airport (what else was I going to do with 4 hours to kill?). I treated myself to some new GHD's as mine are about 7 years old, a couple of new fragrances - Elie Saab Le Parfum and Viktor and Rolf's just released Bonbon - and my first MAC lipstick - Please Me, for the record. I also picked up some Marc Jacobs Lola minatures (the bottles are so cute!) in Hong Kong airport, and the cracker looking thing was free with my purchase of Bonbon, containing a mini Bonbon perfume, body lotion, and shower gel.

Phew! I think I've got enough beauty purchases to keep me going for a while! What do you think of my Asian beauty purchases?

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment