Sunday 20 July 2014

Nars Makeover

Orange eyeshadow isn't really a colour I've considered wearing before. That was until I had my Nars makeover on Friday, and discovered how it could be used to really make my blues eyes pop.

Nars are currently touring a few Space NK's across the UK to launch and promote their new Dual Intensity eyeshadows. I booked my appointment and eagerly waited. 

The products used for my look were (all Nars obviously):
- Multiprotection Primer
- Sheer Matte Foundation in Mont Blanc
- Radiant Creamy Concealer in Vanilla
- Pressed Powder in Flesh
- Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base
- Mediteranee Eyeshadow Duo
- Dual Intensity Eyeshadow in Himilia
- Larger Than Life Eyeliner in Martelli
- Larger Than Life Lengthening Mascara
- Brow Perfector in Caucase
- Brow Gel in Oural
- Laguna Bronzer
- The Multiple in Copacabana
- Desire Blusher
- Roman Holiday Velvet Matte Lip Pencil

The Dual Intensity eyeshadows are absolutely beautiful with a soft buttery texture. Some shades are more pigmented than others, but you can apply them wet as well as dry so the less pigmented shades become more pigmented.

The shade Himilia used on me looks so versatile, as an all-over-the-lid colour, or in brighter looks like this one, or even with a bit of black through the crease for a smoky eye. The only downside is that they are rather pricey at £21 each.







Throughout the makeover, and even afterwards, there was absolutely no pressure to buy anything, but I did opt to try the Sheer Matte foundation, as my Sheer Glow has just run out (look out for a comparison post soon!). I've also ordered the Mediteranee Eyeshadow Duo and the Roman Holiday Velvet Matte Lip Pencil, which were used for my look.

As part of the event, everyone got a face chart of their look, and a little gift bag of treats. A deluxe sample of tinted moisturiser, miniature eyeliner, and the cutest miniature size of blusher in Deep Throat.

I also picked up some great tips from the makeup artist, and it seems only fair that I share the love!
- Use brown eyeliner in the waterline for a less harsh look than black
- Gently lift up the hood of the eye while applying eyeshadow to the crease
- Apply blusher in a U shape on the apples of the cheeks, for a more natural look (and avoid clown cheeks!)
- Use highlighter liberally! Cream highlighters (such as the multiple) work well, applied right across the cheekbones to the hairline
- If you have thicker brows like me, only apply brow colour through the bottom of the brow, to add definition
-Don't bother with brown or clear mascara, it's not worth the money!

There are still some dates left for this Nars event over the next week (more info here), so if you can get yourself to one of the participating stores I would highly recommend it. If not, the Dual Intensity eyeshadows are now available to buy, along with everything else by Nars. I know I have a wishlist about a mile long now...

No comments:

Post a Comment