Tuesday 29 October 2013

Baking Beauties Tag

Hey! Today's post is a tag I just couldn't resist passing up! I was indirectly tagged by Jessica-Leigh at Dungarees and Donuts and since I love baking, I thought why not?

I'm also already missing the Great British Bake Off, since the final was last week! I won't spoil the result in case you still haven't seen it (where have you been?!) but how good did that cake look!

image credit to Hayley and Charlotte


1. What is the first thing you remember baking? 
Probably Christmas cake with my mum, it's now our yearly tradition!

2. What was the last thing you baked? 
A coconut and lime cake, my parents' favourite!

3. Something you've always wanted to bake?
I've always wanted to have a go at making a gingerbread house! They look so much fun to decorate.


4. Tell us about a time you baked something and it went ridiculously wrong.
I once got the quantities completely wrong for a Red Velvet cake, and by trying to correct it ended up with some crazy new invention of cake ...and not in a good way.

5. Be honest, do you lick the spoon?

 ...Yes. And the bowl. (What else am I going to do while the cake is in the oven?)

7. What baking success are you most proud of? 
 Finally getting French macarons right! Paul Hollywood and Mary Berry would be proud.

8. Do you tidy up as you go along or leave one big mess until the end?
Definitely one big mess at the end! And then I despair at the sight of all that washing up...


9. Do you use recipe books or get them online? 
A bit of both really! I like to go to trusted sources for my recipes, chefs and bakers who's recipes I've tried before and have a better idea that their recipe will work!

10. Do you stick to the recipe or do you experiment a little?
 For the first time, I always stick to the recipe, but then when I'm a bit more familiar I'll start to swap ingredients and flavours.

11. Who are your favourite food bloggers?

12. What is your favourite thing to bake?
Profiteroles! I like making choux pastry, and there are various steps with making profiteroles so it keeps it interesting!


Since I sort of tagged myself in this, I'd now like to tag anyone else who wants to have a go at this tag! If you do, leave me a comment and a link so I can read your answers!

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment