Friday, 19 July 2013

Everyday Face

Hey! Today I though I'd share with you the products I've been using pretty much every day, to create a simple, natural makeup look.

I'm pretty lazy, so on a morning, the more time I get to stay in bed the better. If I can keep makeup time down to a minimum - great! I think it only takes me about 5-10 minutes to do my makeup on a morning and on a side note, I've been using sleep-in rollers for my hair so that saves time too!


It's very natural makeup as I mentioned before; I would say this is like 'my-face-but-better'. If I'm in a rush (read: pressed snooze too many times) then I might skip any combination of blusher, face powder, brow gel and eyeshadow, but I just can't leave the house without mascara!


The products I use are as follows: 

Base: Clinique Stay-Matte Oil-Free Foundation, Rimmel Clear Complexion Transparent Powder

Eyes: Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion, Urban decay Naked 2 Palette, Seventeen Doll'd Up Mascara in Brown/Black, Natural Collection Lash Care Mascara in Clear (using as brow gel)

Cheeks & Lips: Benefit Coralista Blusher, Rimmel Kate Lasting Finish Lipstick in 016

You might notice that I haven't listed any concealer, that's because my skin has been behaving itself recently and I haven't really needed it as much, only on days where I have mad under-eye dark circles! I have however forgotten to include the primer I've been using, which is Benefit's Porefessional -  great for pores but I'm not sure it actually makes my makeup last any longer. Other than that, my base is pretty simple, foundation (full review soon) and a quick dusting of powder for an extra flawless look.

For eyes, I tend to gravitate towards my Naked 2 palette purely because the colours are all so wearable for everyday and it means I can subtly switch up my look day-to-day. I always apply an eyeshadow primer (this is the only one I've ever used, you know what they say; if it ain't broke don't fix it!) otherwise my eyeshadow would crease for sure. No eyeliner for daytime, and a brown mascara to keep it natural. Finally, a quick sweep of 'brow gel' to keep my eyebrows in place, and for £1.99 this clear mascara does the job just fine.

As final touches, I apply a touch of coral blusher to the apples of my cheeks and this has the perfect pigmentation and blendability (yep, that's a word now) for me. I've only recently started bothering with blusher, but it really does make a difference! Last step is a lipstick, in a summery pink, which isn't as bright as I normally go for but this is for work after all!

What makeup do you reach for everyday?

xxx

1 comment:

  1. Hi dear, you have a lovely blog and great post thou! did we follow each other already? if not, would you like to follow each other? if you decided to follow me on BLOGLOVIN, please let me know so I can follow you back! xoxo
    My Bloglovin: http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3831938/love-joice

    ReplyDelete